To coordinate all activities for children.
1. Formulate, recommend, and publicize children’s policies and procedures.
2. Plan, coordinate and implement children’s activities; coordinate with existing children’s activities which fall under other ministries (ie. Children’s Choir, Upward)
3. Coordinate children’s activities with the appropriate church staff member.
4. Recommend purchases of furniture, equipment and supplies.
5. Coordinate the use of children’s facilities, and provide accountability for the management of the children’s areas of the church.
6. Assist the Nominating Committee in recommending children’s workers.
7. Coordinate the performance of background checks on potential children’s workers. NO ONE BUT THE APPROPRIATE STAFF MEMBER WILL HAVE ACCESS TO PRIVATE INFORMATION.
8. Coordinate the training and supervision of children’s workers.
9. Strengthen parent-worker relationships.
10. Submit an annual budget request to the Budget and Finance Committee.
The Children’s Committee functions in the same way as the Preschool Committee. The church’s Bylaws specify the following for the Preschool Committee (substitute “Children’s” for
Preschool Committee shall consist of five (5) members, annually recommended to the Church for approval by the Nominating Committee (the Preschool Sunday School Department Director will serve as an ex-officio member). This committee shall elect their own Chairman.
The duties of this committee shall include the following:
1. Establish and maintain
Preschool policies and procedures, which shall be approved by the Church.
2. Inform the church body of these policies and procedures.
3. Evaluate the needs of the
Preschool Department, involving other committees as necessary prior to recommending corrective action to the Church for approval.
4. Strengthen parent-worker relationships.
5. Supervise the cleanliness and care of all
Preschool rooms and equipment.
6. Establish and give general oversight to any extended sessions, i.e. choir practice, etc.
7. Insure that the
Preschool areas are adequately and appropriately staffed during any Church sanctioned gathering.