To facilitate the food services and refreshments for the church in order to enhance fellowship among members and guests.
1. Determine the food service needs of the church, and recommend services that should be provided; assure compliance with all state and local health regulations.
2. Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to food services.
3. Oversee the ordering and receiving of all purchased food products, as well as associated materials related to the storage, preparation and serving of food items.
4. Assist the ministerial staff by coordinating food and refreshments for church functions.
5. Lead the church in the planning, direction and promotion of fellowship opportunities.
6. In conjunction with the Nominating Committee, assist in the recruitment, training and organization of volunteers to minister through food service and fellowship.
7. Track and keep records on personnel with state food handler’s licenses.
8. Lead the church in obtaining and retaining a Serve-Safe Certification as mandated by the state of Missouri.
9. Prepare an annual budget proposal and submit it to the Budget and Finance Committee.
The church’s Bylaws specify the following for the Hospitality Committee:
This committee shall be composed of twelve members to be elected by the church upon recommendation of the Nominating Committee, or from the floor of the business meeting at the time of election.
This committee shall be responsible for the activities contributing to convenient, comfortable, and efficient meetings in the church facilities. This shall include all social events, i.e. banquets, suppers, socials, etc. and the use of kitchen facilities and the care and upkeep of the equipment therein.
The members of this committee will serve a two-year term with six of the members elected each year.