Man Camp 3
May 31 – June 2, 2018
MAN CAMP is for men and boys to enjoy a few days outdoors doing “man” things, like campfires, camping, canoeing & kayaking, cooking outdoors, fishing, games, hiking, shotgun shooting, swimming, whittling, and finding Bigfoot. Dads, bring your sons. Grandpas, bring the grandsons. Men, bring your friends. Campers, tents, hammocks, under the stars – anyway you can. You’ll find great friends and great fellowship, and maybe even some great food!
We have an entire loop reserved for Man Camp 3 at Smithville Lake in the Camp Branch Campground, sites 327 through 343. The location puts us near the beach, coves for good fishing, shower house, and the trapshooting range. All sites have water and electric (except Bigfoot’s cave). Here are some informational links:
- Camp Branch Campground
- Camp Branch Campground directions
- Camp Branch Campground map
- Kansas City Trapshooters Association
- Missouri Department of Conservation fishing regulations
- Smithville Lake information and current conditions
- The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization
- Wildlife Code of Missouri
Man Camp is designed for men and boys to come and go as needed (work, ballgames, etc.). Just come in as early as you can, get a spot, and relax. Bring your own gear: canoes & kayaks, cookware, firewood, fishing tackle, games, shelter, Bigfoot pepper spray, etc. (Meals are usually on your own; sometimes we share.)
Saturday evening worship around the campfire is the highlight of the camp. After that, we go home (break camp before dusk). Those wanting to stay overnight on Saturday into Sunday will need to pay the full amount of that night’s camping fee ($25 per site).
Summing up what you need to know:
- COST: $20/night, per person/family unit. Preregistration assures your spot! See the Men’s Ministry informational table at church or contact the office for a registration leaflet. Day visits only are $5/person/day.
- Parking is limited to TWO vehicles per site. Plan accordingly. Do not park on the grass (a park ranger will make you move).
- Campground entry: Inform the gatekeeper that you are with Kearney First Baptist Church Man Camp. Sites are pre-assigned per campground policy. Be prepared to tell the gatekeeper what site you have (thus the importance of preregistration!).
- Bring your own “everything” (bait, boats, camp gear, games, food, tackle, etc.)
- Come and go as you need.
- Access to the waterfront for fishing, canoeing & kayaking, and playing is through any of our group’s sites.
- Nearby are a beach, field, shower house, trails, and Bigfoot.
- Open firearms not permitted at campsites. Please store safely and securely.
- CAMPFIRE WORSHIP Saturday, 7pm. Please, no other activities.
MAN CAMP ends Saturday after campfire worship. Please break camp by dusk.
If you wish to stay through Sunday, the cost is $30 per site for the overnight, with checkout by 11am Sunday.
TRAPSHOOTING: Saturday, June 2
group time to be announced
Kansas City Trapshooting Association’s range (KCTA)
Cost: $9 per 25 rounds, plus your own ammo (ammo available at the range).
For more info, go to: www.kctraps.com
Open firearms not permitted at campsites. Please store safely and securely.
About the boys
Boys must be in the company of a dad, granddad, uncle, drill sargent, or other responsible adult. Father-challenged boys are always welcome, and at no cost.
To make sure your son doesn’t miss out, contact the church office. We’ll arrange a Man Camp Mentor for him.