Greeters & Ushers Sunday Forecast for August 2, 2020
Staff member on call this week: Travis Black, associate pastor/worship & young adults
GREETER NAME TAGS ARE AT THE WELCOME DESK, AS BEFORE. For health guideline purposes, you are welcome to take them home – just be sure to bring them back when you are on duty!
Also, a new, hands-free hand sanitizer is in the Fireside Lobby (chrome on black stand). Refer people to that location if asked for hand sanitizer. Do not display any sanitizer on the Welcome Center desk (keep it behind the countertop).
- 8 – 10am, desk: Jerry; D.K.
- 10am – 12noon, desk: Terry; Charlie & Ginger
- Wednesdays, 5:45-6pm: not just yet
Sunday Worship Schedule (suggested):
- 8am – reserved for those at high risk including elderly, those who are immunocompromised, and those with underlying health conditions.
- 9am – last name beginning with A-G
- 10am – last name beginning with H-N
- 11am – last name beginning with O-Z
Events of note:
- See www.KearneyFBC.com
- Everyone in the building is required to wear a face mask, available at the WELCOME CENTER for those in need, upon request only. DO NOT PLACE MASK SUPPLY ON THE COUNTERTOP. Keep the supply behind the countertop. If requested, first sanitize your hands then handle the mask by the edge as you give to the recipient.
- Sunday School is scheduled to begin August 30, under a new, temporary plan. More to come, pending any health guideline changes.
- Refer inquirers to the office or to a staff member, as needed.
- Staff are available after each worship service at the front of the Worship Center.
- A digital Connection Card is available at the CONNECT page of the church website for visitors to opt to use. Paper copies are available in pew racks and may be distributed from the Welcome Desk.
Ten COVID-related things to know:
- We are not “policing” COVID-related guidelines. Our security team will address safety & security concerns if needed.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entryways, in the Fireside Lobby, and in restrooms. Do not place the greeter’s sanitizer on the Desk. Keep it in the cabinet, out of sight, for greeters to use only. Likewise the greeter’s box of tissues.
- Masks are required anywhere inside the building. Masks are available upon request at the Welcome Center desk (do not place for general distribution).
- Paper bulletins are still on hold. Refer to the church website for information.
- Keep the TOP surface of the Welcome Desk completely open (no items for distribution). The sides of the Desk are reserved for general distribution of magazines and devotional material. Upon request, you may distribute Connection Cards and Offering Envelopes from the supply stored in the Welcome Desk cabinet. Do not place on desktop for general distribution. Digital Connection Card is available as an option.
- Worship service childcare is not available at this time. Fireside Lobby monitors will display worship services if a parent wishes to keep a restless child there. The bottom line: Assure parents that crying babies and restless children will not bother us.
- All areas in the lower and upper levels, and in the Activity Center, are closed.
- All in-person, small group gatherings are managed through the office to avoid violating health guidelines. Only worship meets on Sunday mornings.
- Greeter name tags may now be used!
- If there are COVID-related questions or concerns that you cannot address, refer the inquirer to the office or to a staff member.
Church office hours:
- Sunday, 8am – 12 noon
- Monday – Thursday, 8am – 4pm
- Friday 8am – 12pm