Go to Abiding and Abounding for all session notes.
Some Specific Prayer Resources
The 29:59 Plan (www.pray2959.com)
Transforming Prayer by Daniel Henderson
A Call to Spiritual Reformation by D. A. Carson (or Praying with Paul)
Models for Praying
1. The ACTS Model:
Adoration Confession Thanksgiving Supplication
2. The Lord’s Prayer, Phrase by Phrase (see Matthew 6:9-13)
– Begin by praising God and acknowledging Him for who He is.
– Pray for the honor and glory of God’s name.
– Pray for Kingdom requests (churches, pastors, missionaries, etc.)
– Pray for God’s will to be done (in your life, situation, church, etc.).
– Pray for the physical needs of yourself and others.
– Pray for forgiveness, including any broken or strained relationships.
– Pray for spiritual power and protection for yourself and others.
3. Praying Scripture with the 3 R’s: Rejoice, Repent, Request
4. The Five-Finger Prayer