Periodically, we assess Sunday School classes to see what we’re doing right and what we need to do better. The following is our assessment tool for adult Sunday School classes.
Current teachers: Answer and/or make comments on each question. Use the COMMENT BOX on this page to submit your answers or suggestions. (Comments will be reviewed by the Christian Education staff, but will NOT be posted or made public.)
Teachers in orientation: Read and familiarize yourself with each question. Think about what you will do so you can answer each question in a positive way. (You are welcome to make comments or ask questions in the COMMENT BOX below. Comments will be reviewed by the Christian Education staff but will NOT be posted or made public.)
1. Are the adults in the class rather than the hallway at starting time?
2. Is there someone at the door to greet visitors and members?
3. Is the environment conducive to learning – arrangement of chairs, visuals, music?
4. Do the people relate well together, is the fellowship strong?
5. Does the teacher do something to help create learning readiness?
6. Are the learners involved in discussion rather than the teacher doing most of the talking?
7. Does the teacher see his/her role as a leader of discovery rather than dispenser of facts?
8. Does the teacher seem more oriented toward teaching people the Bible rather than just teaching the Bible?
9. Are items from the resource kit and other visuals in use?
10. Is there evidence of prior preparation?
11. Are a variety of methods used?
12. Is good use made of time?
13. Is there time at the end of the lesson for application?
(Comments will NOT be posted or made public.)