Periodically, we assess Sunday School classes to see what we’re doing right and what we need to do better. The following is our assessment tool for Preschool Sunday School classes.
Current teachers: Answer and/or make comments on each question. Use the COMMENT BOX on this page to submit your answers or suggestions. (Comments will be reviewed by the Christian Education staff, but will NOT be posted or made public.)
Teachers in orientation: Read and familiarize yourself with each question. Think about what you will do so you can answer each question in a positive way. (You are welcome to make comments or ask questions in the COMMENT BOX below. Comments will be reviewed by the Christian Education staff but will NOT be posted or made public.)
1. Are the teachers there early, before the first child?
2. Are the teachers finished preparing the room before the children arrive?
3. Are the children greeted on their level?
4. Is there a lack of clutter in the department – more space than equipment (the younger the children the more the space)?
5. Is the equipment on the level of the child?
6. Is the Bible in evidence in the room?
7. Are there couples teaching in the department?
8 Do you hear music in the department (teachers singing, CD, etc.)?
9. Is the room arranged by activities rather than chairs around tables?
10. Are the children allowed to choose activities?
11. Do the activities look exciting (real flowers, gold fish, etc.)?
12. Do the children do the work?
13. Do activities allow the children to be creative and express themselves?
14. Do the children enjoy the activities?
(Comments will NOT be posted or made public.)